Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/podshopadmin/podshop.com/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/podshopadmin/podshop.com/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:14) in /home/podshopadmin/podshop.com/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1240
PodShop: Google Checkout is Live!

Assorted Ramblings and Filings.

Welcome to the PodShop blog. Pull up a chair. Read. Write. Interact.

Google Checkout is Live!

Thursday June 29, 2006

Google officially announced their online payment service today. Dubbed Google Checkout, it looks promising. I’m looking into the first level API integration for now.

UPDATE: I’ve signed up for Google Checkout account, which was relatively quick and painless. Similar to setting up a PayPal account, the process was very straight forward. There’s an option to link up your Checkout account with your AdWords account (if you don’t have a pre-existing AdWords account, you can set up both types of accounts during this process), which enables you to save money on the standard Checkout transaction fee of 2% plus $.20. This default rate is already lower than the bottom-tiered (i.e. most expensive) PayPal account, which is 2.9% plus $.30 per transaction.

I haven’t implemented the Google Checkout processing on the Store page yet, as there is much API stuff that I will need to fully dig into first, but an overview of Google’s Checkout API documentation reveals that they really did their homework and have things fully documented and explained for developers. I really like the XML guts of it all, which reminds me of it’s familiarity to their Sitemaps program. Screenshots in a few of the examples have dates showing April of 2005, so Google has been working on this for a while (you might recall the initial announcement of this last spring).

I’m definitely excited to see how Checkout could make its way into the PodShop Store page. Most likely, I would run PayPal and Checkout simultaneously, and perhaps at some stage cut over to Checkout exclusively. Time will tell how Checkout is perceived by both buyers and sellers.

Pass It Around.

It's polite to share. If you feel like what you have just read would be appreciated by other like-minded folk, then by all means help spread the word! Click on your favorite social site sharing and fraternization button(s) below and get the word out.

• post this at del.icio.us
  • post this at Digg
  • post this to Twitter
  • post this at Technorati
  • post this at Newsvine
  • post this at Ma.gnolia
  • post this at Furl
  • post this at Blinklist
  • post this at Reddit
  • post this at Yahoo! my web
  • post this at Netscape
  • post this at TailRank
  • post this at StumbleUpon
  • post this at Google Bookmarks

Comments [12]

I have numerous tools and accomplishing legitimate article of these worked admirably and vitality keeps on being seeing about this web blog. Frequently my own plan to make my own site and also my own particular pleasure is becoming because of this page. I do trust you may well be more convincing. For more writing information you can refer this best essay from the online
writing services.

#1
Walterrruiz
116 days ago

It looked fascinating and I chose to investigate each substance and I read yours. My compliment about this blog is exceptionally positive I visit this blog first time and inspire by this good stuff work. Incredible post keeps up posting such great information.

#2
114 days ago

There’s a choice to border up your leave account with your Ad Words account in the occasion that you don’t have a previous AdWords account, you can put up both sort of records amid this process.

#3
109 days ago

Like surroundings up a PayPal financial credit, the procedure was immediately to the fore. There’s an alternative to connect up your investigate account with your AdWords account.

#4
103 days ago

The driver was a hip looking person in his mid thirties, wearing glasses and no shirt. He was shouting at the lady in the traveler situate. Shouting, signaling, resentful and furious.

#5
96 days ago

I am so wondered to know that the procedure was immediately to the fore. There’s an alternative to connect up your investigate account with your AdWords account.

#6
94 days ago

Free Communication App by Whatsapp APK. You are here to download the WhatsApp Messenger 2.16.116 apk file for Android 4.0.3 and up: WhatsApp …

#7
89 days ago

How to setup iMessage on a Windows PC. This is a very simple tutorial. You will have it up and running …

#8
iMessage for Windows
61 days ago

love all the tips Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone.top leather jackets

#9
15 days ago

That was helpful enough to know more about Google Checkout account and how this works. I have not tried to sign for this as I was not aware of the process. Thanks for sharing a detailed note on the same kitchen remodeling companies which helped us know more about the Google Checkout.

#10
steve larsc
12 days ago

I was trying to add our company kitchen remodeling companies

for Google check out. As this is a new app, I was not aware of any details and thanks to you for sharing this in detail with us. It was really informative to read.
#11
steve larsc
12 days ago

#12
10 days ago

Your Comment: Live Preview

is typing...

Add Your Comment.

If you want to further represent yourself in pixelated format, go get a gravatar from the fine folks here. You'll be glad you did. Email address is required, but will never be shown or shared. We're not like that.

P.S. Please, no HTML in your comments. See Textile Help for shortcuts to bold, emphasis, URL, and more. Your comment can be previewed live (above) as you type.